Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Workin Woman

I started my job about a week ago! I had orientation on the first and I started with the meat department on the second. To be completely honest, it's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I am in charge of ordering, stocking, rotating, etc the deli wall. Also, every night I am responsible for cleaning the shop. I take apart the big and little grinders, the band saw, the slicer, and the tenderizer. I spray down everything; first with degreaser, then a rinse, then with sanitizer. I have to do the dishes, clean out the sinks, and I clean off the wrapping machines. It takes me forever to get through all of it and I usually don't get off until an hour after I'm supposed to. I do like my schedule though, I work from 11 to 8 (or 9....). I really like working again. It gives me focus! And I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment